5 Key Financial principles for growing your business
It‘s easy to romanticise the freedom of having your OWN BUSINESS, but being a business owner is not as easy as it looks. According to the Small Business Administration, more than 50 percent of small businesses fail in their first year, and 95 percent are gone by the fifth.
So what would set you apart? How do you get your business off the ground and create FINANCIAL STABILITY? To make sure you have a very SOLID FOUNDATION beneath you, start with these tools:
5 Key Financial Principles for Fashion Designers:
1. Solid Business Plan: How to polish your existing business plan for funding and loans
2. Registering your company: Company vs Sole Proprietor
3. Record keeping & Accounting: All the company and Tax documents you need
4. Marketing Strategy & PR: Making it work for you
5. Personal Financial Planning: What should you as an individual have to keep yourself financially FREE?
THE BIGGER PICTURE: how to make your business sustainable in the long run to gain FINANCIAL FREEDOM!
Date: Thursday, 7 May 2015
Time: 5 pm – 7 pm
Venue: CTFC offices (2nd Floor Harrington House, 37 Barrack Street, Cape Town)
Facilitator: Shirley Passanah (Spectrum Financial Consulting, a division of Liberty Life)
Fee: R 100
“Have a five-year plan, a 10-year plan, even a 20-year plan. And possibly an exit strategy. You can always change that, but start with a vision.
Where do you want to be, how big do you want to be, what context are you planning on designing in?
I’ve personally always liked the idea of
- Tom Ford
Please include the following:
- Your full name
- Your contact number
- Your company name / label
Payment to be made via EFT, as follows:
Account Name: Cape Town Fashion Council
Account Number: 406 789 4347
Branch Name: Heerengracht Branch
Branch Code: 632 005
Account Type: Cheque Account
Reference: FID001 BF1 (your name)
Amount: R 100 per person