‘WE WANT YOU ON OUR PAYROLL…We may be biased, but we think The Foschini Group is one of the best places to work for in the history of mankind’. This bold statement was on the Foschini pamphlet that was handed out to the graduate students during Foschini’s presentation today (24 June 2011) at the last two colleges (Design Academy of Fashion and Cape Town College of Fashion Design) part of Fastrack.
Nicole Peterson, HR Manager at Foschini took the students on a journey through graduate opportunities at the group. For instance the graduates have a vast selection of divisions to choose from i.e. Buyer, Merchandiser Planner, Marketing, Retail Management, Programming, Logistics Controller, Risk Analysis, HR consultant and of course – Design. Students can apply online for this programme at www.iamme.co.za. If you are student and are interested in this programme, what are you waiting for, go online now.
The AFI team had the students in stitches, with their fun, informative presentation. Lorato Liphuko (Fashion Liaison officer) and Nomi Nkomo (Project Coordinator) took the students through the events objectives, which are:
- To inform, educate and entertain our young audience
- To create a highly developmental environment benefiting a cross section of the entire design value chain
- To integrate urban brands, high fashion designs and technology
- To create a highly interactive environment between the audience and the product
- To deliver the most innovative fashion show production of the year
ENTERTAINMENT on the day (13 July 2011; 2pm to 10pm) Foschini AFI FastrackTM Day
- Best design schools – 20 designers
- Best Hip Hop & House musicians
- Best dance crews
- Design schools exhibiting Design courses
- Foschini – Journey of the dress
- Urban Brand exhibitions and activations
- Foschini interns
‘BECOME A CAPE TOWN FASHION COUNCIL MEMBER and get invited to educational and informative workshops and training courses. Being a member gives new designers an opportunity to network and meet emerging and established designers and potentially get to learn from them; about industry opportunities and challenges’ said Tshepo de Villiers – CTFC Project Manager. Graduate designers got to learn more about the CTFC, it’s service offering, the CTFC’s Fashion Innovation Centre and the scheduled training programmes and workshops for 2011.
All images by Max Mogale
CTFC would like to thank the Design Academy of Fashion and the Cape Town College of Fashion Design for hosting us today. We would like to wish the final 20 graduate designers who are showcasing their designs at Foschini AFI FAstrackTM day, goodluck.