Registered as an industry association in 2006, the Cape Town Fashion Council (CTFC)’s purpose is to represent, develop, support and grow the Western Cape fashion sector. The CTFC’s vision is for the Western Cape’s fashion design sector to be nationally and globally recognised and desired for its uniqueness and excellence. The Council represents over 900 members including local fashion brands and industry stakeholders within the Clothing and Textiles value chain. The strategic goals of the CTFC are to provide initiatives that develop and support the fashion industry in the Western Cape as well as ensuring that local fashion designers access, maintain and grow their market share.
Key Programmes of the CTFC include a Fashion Industry Development Programme/to Facilitate and Provide Relevant Industry Information and Research/Facilitating Linkages with Key Industry Stakeholders to Invest in Emerging Talent/ Networking and Marketing to Increase Industry Visibility/Advocacy and policy evaluation and development.
The CTFC board was elected by industry stakeholders and it comprises of industry players within the Clothing and Textile value chain; including Media, Manufacturing, Retail, Education, Labour and Government representatives.
CTFC MEMBERSHIP SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Workshops and Seminars aimed at informing and equipping designers with the necessary tools and resources to better/grow their businesses as well as optimally navigate the South African fashion sector.
Please see Workshops & Seminars page.
BUSINESS SUPPORT AND MARKET INTELLIGENCE;
- Access to business support services
- Access to business networks
- Fashion Cluster
- Invitation to our Annual Fashion Industry Conference
- One-stop-shop for industry stakeholders
- Access to the Fashion Technology and Innovation Centre (FTIC)
CTFC Newsletter reaches approximately 1 600 industry stakeholders nationally and internationally
- Profile and link on the CTFC website
- Industry Directory
- Profiling of emerging design talent at Cape Town Fashion Week
REPRESENTATION OF FASHION BRANDS;
- Liaising with South African government regarding industry needs
- Driving force in establishing a national Fashion Council for South Africa
For more info regarding membership services please contact;